Hi Creative Explorers,
I've got 3 checklists for you today ~ 2 plus a surprise bonus!
Maybe checklists don't sound super sexy to you, at this moment?
Did you know that by using a simple 5-step checklist, 100 Michigan hospitals in a Johns Hopkins study saved 1,500 lives and nearly $200 million in 15 months?
Checklists make things foolproof!
In case you're wondering, I saw 2 checklists that inspired me this week.
One was a practicing checklist for opera singers that I found in the Professional Voice Teachers Facebook group, of which I have been an active member for years.
Practicing is NOT just about going through the song over and over.
Since my voice students and fans sing mostly contemporary music, I have made a brand-new Contemporary Singer practice checklist, below, just for you.
AND, my experienced Kickstarter Marketing Campaign Manager, Eric Rivera (who is a joy to work with), made me a 15-step Kickstarter launch checklist. OMG!
Having done an Indiegogo campaign in the past, I thought it would be about the same.
IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT THE SAME!
Thus, the postponement of the New Choice game Kickstarter Launch to early 2024.
In any case, having a checklist makes me much more confident in getting a great result, and it should make you more confident in the future of the New Choice: Improv Your Life! board game, as well.
NEW CHOICE GAME KICKSTARTER LAUNCH CHECKLIST
CONTEMPORARY SINGER PRACTICE CHECKLIST
1. Warm up your voice and body
2. Work on the diction
3. Isolate rhythm/pitches
4. Find ideal places to breathe
5. Work on technique/vocal tone
6. Focus on dynamics - use Human Emotions Wheels
7. Work on phrasing
8. Break down hard sections
9. Get into character - use Chekhov Technique exercises
10. Cool down your voice
11. Study a concert video
12. Repeat until memorized
KAREN'S EMAIL CHECKLIST
1. Does it have a catchy, complete and correct subject line?
2. Does it have a complete and correct header banner?
3. Does it say everything that needs to be said?
4. Is it grammatically correct?
5. Does it address your target audience?
6. How is the tone? Is it authentic, enthusiastic, and concise?
7. Do all of the links work (with no space at the end)?
8. Do you have any necessary permissions?
9. Is the signature complete and correct?
10. Has it been double-checked by someone you trust?
I hope this helps you.
These checklists are DEFINITELY helping me!
Do you use checklists in your life?
Enjoy these 3 helpful checklists , and feel free to personalize them, if you'd like.
“I love the colors, characters, and premise of the game. I love the competitiveness and improv. I love the traveling aspects of this game. I love the goal of winning money and listening to your other players (having to remember what they said).”
~ Erika Bronwell, Actress
FYI - Erika is actually a SAG-AFTRA Eligible actress, not a full member. (This means that she's just one project away from the option of full membership.)
Thank you, Erika, for continuing to be an enthusiastic supporter!
Holistic Voice Coach
+ Speaker/Singer/Songwriter/Game Designer
aka "Karey Poppins"
NEW CHOICE Board Game SMS (New Video POSTED!)
Book a FREE 45-Min Vocal Discovery Call:
firstname.lastname@example.org and nearly $200 million in 15 months? htt